JOE DAVIS E. J. ACCRINGTON RILEY COMMEMORATIVE BREAK CUES
E. J. RILEY ACCRINGTON WHITE PLATE SNOOKER/BILLIARD TOMBSTONE BREAK CUES
E. J. Riley was formed in 1878 by E. J. Riley himself and a Mr C G Kenyon. It was with Kenyon’s financial support and business acumen that the company finally took off and it became a limited company in the 1890’s.
In 1902, the firm opened premises at 147 Aldergate Street in London in an attempt to break the monopoly created by other leading table manufacturers and was soon endorsed by leading players of the period who showed a preference for Riley’s tables. This additional publicity and the revenue it generated allowed Riley’s to move into the billiard hall business and the first was opened in Ardwick Hall, Manchester in 1908, Expanding their Snooker table manufacturer in Accrington in 1912.